Are you prepared to take you career to new heights?
Do you have both an analytical and creative mindset and the ability to navigate changing priorities?
Are you a well-organized, self-starter able to take direction and works well both independently and in a team environment?
Space is not a place to go – space is a place to do! Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Because space is a place to do big, important, epic things that connect people around the world, advance the frontiers of science, and help militaries protect what matters most. Lockheed Martin builds the technology that gets things done in space. Exploring the solar system. Predicting the weather. Delivering precise GPS. Detecting and defeating missile launches. At Lockheed Martin, we don’t just think big thoughts. We get things done. So become a Lockheed Martin Space Systems Engineer. You are meant to benefit humanity.”
Lockheed Martin is looking for a Requirements and Verification Engineer with initiative to join the team on a new and exciting program.
As a Systems Requirements & Verification Systems Engineer , you will:
- Be responsible for drafting, reviewing, and releasing requirements specification documents, including defining the requirements and verification baseline
- Support program requirements and verification team projects and coordinate regularly with key partners to maintain program objectives
- Quickly become a proficient independent contributor with the DOORS database and apply systems engineering change control process to retain control of program requirements
- Develop and maintain scripts for producing documents and reports from the DOORS database
- Utilize change management tools to implement change control of the DOORS database
Typically has 2 - 5 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering concepts and processes
- Knowledge of DOORS or similar tool for requirements management, decomposition and publication
- Top Secret clearance and additional screening will apply
- Systems engineering experience on classified programs
- Customer interface experience
- Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience in requirements and verification
- Script modification and development
- Experience with change tools and change process
- Ability to define and document solutions to complex problems and to convey solutions to both senior management and other internal/external teams
- Demonstrated basic understanding of systems thinking skills and behaviors
- Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.