Work in a team environment to develop casting processes. Including developing cost effective and robust gating systems, writing clear shop floor instructions and bringing projects to closure within established time limits. Support dimensional qualification as required by selecting gating and process parameters that provide dimensional control and assure product is capable to drawing tolerances.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Participate in milestone development on new programs and provide regular status updates. Manage projects as needed to qualify parts within original committed time frames.
- Develop cost effective gating and other processes required to produce and control the metallurgical and NDT integrity of product assuring it satisfies customer requirements using DOE's and other statistical tools.
- Develop and maintain overall operational sequences for part manufacture in conjunction with Administrative, Dimensional, Quality, and NDT disciplines.
- 3-Dimenstional (3D) Modeling.
- Knowledge of solidification modeling
- Establish and maintain effective communication with multidiscipline team.
- Develop part work instructions for Assembly, Mold Prep, Cast, Weld, Heat Treat, HIP, and other process related operations.
- Work with and train shop floor personnel in regard to understanding work instructions, developing work techniques, process improvements, and reduction in executional variation.
- Provide technical support to Sales during part quotations and the review of drawings, specifications, and purchase orders for assigned products. Provide customer with input relative to design and part specification criteria, lead times, and producibility improvements.
- Conduct effective customer and supplier communication dealing with metallurgical and other issues related to the product and process. Support customer needs with respect to overall product quality, cost reductions, improving labor utilization and general good will.
- Research new manufacturing techniques and processes focused on reducing costs and improving quality. Prepare technical notes and reports dealing with proposed process improvements.
- Plan and manage part metallurgical qualification (ESA, VSE).
- Participate in correcting engineering related problems.
- Work with customers to ensure that the dimensional tolerances are compatible with process capabilities.
- Prepare plans for dimensional development of the casting including trial pieces, fixture concepts, and straightening techniques.
- Lead or participate in problem solving teams as assigned; use and coach the PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) approach to determine countermeasures, root cause and corrective actions; participate in weekly reports on active problem solving projects.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure organization objectives are achieved.
- Routinely audit production lots for adherence to established techniques and to ensure the repeatability of the results.
- Utilize basic engineering skills to approach problems analytically and derive sound conclusions.
- Responsible for adherence to all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to work at the Pomona facility
- Education: BS in Manufacturing, Materials, Ceramics, Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Other engineering disciplines may be considered based on previous work experience.
- Experience: Sand Casting preferred; knowledge of investment casting industry related to Aerospace products required.
- Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, specifications, and blueprints. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, work instructions, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from shop floor personnel, peers, management, suppliers, and customers. Clear communication skills on a professional level. :
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to evaluate customer part drawings with linear and geometric tolerances. :Ability to analyze dimensional layouts of parts. :Ability to analyze NDT results from trials. :Ability to understand and utilize statistical and analytical tools / techniques. :
- REASONING ABILITY - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. :Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. :Requires advanced analytical skills, critical thinking, research ability, and independent judgment. :
- COMPUTER SKILLS :- :To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge and reasonable skills with CAD software; Internet software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.:
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.::
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.: