Role and Responsibilities
In this role, you will perform monitoring and necessary maintenance on our network and our virtualized cloud environments to ensure availability and security of these platforms. You must be comfortable in a diverse, fast-paced environment and able to analyze data to translate results into better solutions. You will work with the team to maintain and support networks and virtual cloud servers in the Simple Helix Datacenter. He/she will be responsible for many duties including but not limited to:
- Provides engineering support and direction for new or existing technologies and current operational initiatives.
- Work with staff to ensure that individual and team metrics and goals are being met.
- Ensures required reports are timely, accurate and complete.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance as required for problem resolution.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Knows, understands and follows company policy.
- Establishes positive team relations through effective communication and ongoing support.
- Perform firmware upgrades
- Manage Layer 2 fiber network
- Manage Edge Router configuration (firewall rules, BGP)
- Performs other duties as requested by manager.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience
- Proficient with key software packages including, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and project management software
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment