JOB TITLE: Project Manager
TYPE OF POSITION: Full-Time, Regular
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: COO
SUPERVISES: Construction/related workers
DATE POSTED: 11/23/20
The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for project(s) from beginning to closeout. Needs to be competent in all phases of the project, pre-planning, execution and project close out. The PM will handle multiple projects at once and be responsible for their successful completion. Project types will include competitively bid projects, negotiated projects, federal as well as commercial projects and internal projects in the construction and environmental remediation fields. The PM will assist in business development and attend conferences and meetings to look for ways to build the company.
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes or other regulations.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with environmental regulations.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.
- Prepare contracts or negotiate revisions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, or subcontractors.
- Develop or implement quality control programs.
- Develop or implement environmental protection programs.
- Implement new or modified plans in response to delays, bad weather, or construction site emergencies
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to representatives of the owner or developer, including administrative staff, workers, or clients.
- Perform, or contract others to perform, pre-building assessments, such as conceptual cost estimating, rough order of magnitude estimating, feasibility, or energy efficiency, environmental, and sustainability assessments.
- Apply for and obtain all necessary permits or licenses.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans, using computer models.
- Contract or oversee craft work, such as painting or plumbing.
- Direct and supervise construction or related workers.
- Determine labor requirements for dispatching workers to construction sites .
- Requisition supplies or materials to complete construction projects.
- Must be willing to perform other duties as assigned that may or may not fall within the PM’s field of expertise.
- 10 years of project management experience with an equivalent certification.
- Valid Driver’s License and insurance that meets the requirements of the company.
- Experience working with Alaska Native Corporations.
- Experience with Government Contracting, Service Contract Act, Davis Bacon, Union CBA’s and job costing.
- Must be willing and able to attend Project Management Professional (PMP) training and obtain the certification. (Two years of additional project management work experience may be substituted for this certification)
- Skill in operating a personal computer and utilizing MS Office; Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and proficiency with MS Project or other project management software, and Visio.
- Knowledge of Project management experience to include the use of standard methodologies on complex projects in a construction environment.
- Knowledge of applicable statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances, codes, administrative orders and other operational guidelines and directives.
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and develop staff.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, contractors, and representatives from other local, state and Federal organizations.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in addressing sensitive issues and situations and dealing with individuals with wide array of cultural, political, educational, socio-economic, geographic and linguistic backgrounds
- Skill in advising leaders of complex organizational units.
The majority of work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities. Travel will be required and may include interstate and out of state trips to remote locations in small aircraft. May be exposed to hazardous working environments with heavy machinery and extreme weather condition.
The work is generally sedentary, requiring routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
It is our practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
SMNC grants preference to qualified SMNC Shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other Alaska Native corporations that grant a similar preference in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We are taking this pandemic seriously. All of our employees practice safe distancing, wearing a mask is required. We follow the CDC recommendations.
- Construction: 10 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19