Hammond & Associates is an established 30+ Year MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, & Fire Protection) consulting engineering firm headquartered in Plantation, Florida, with offices in Atlanta, Miami, and Palm Beach. Our office is made up of professionals who are good at what they do and work hard to create a respectful and pleasant working environment with a commitment to reasonable hours and quality results.
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer position with a minimum of 5 years experience in Building Systems Design. A candidate will only be considered for a position that has experience in this field. The ideal candidate will be expected to immediately step in to assist and provide support for all design aspects of assigned jobs. The candidate shall show a strong understanding of the electrical engineering discipline and have the ability to provide immediate support for a fast paced department. Candidate shall have working knowledge of AutoCAD MEP and/or Revit.
As a Sr. Electrical Engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to assist the team with developing, designing and planning power distribution and lighting systems in accordance with job, client and owner specifications including:
- Kick-off meetings with design team, clients and owner to develop a scope of work for project.
- Site visits to determine existing conditions and document all associated systems included in scope of work.
- Conveying all information required for submissions on all design deliverables.
- Layout, sizing and specifying required equipment.
- Details and specifications relating to project.
- Must be able to produce Load calculations.
- Attend meetings and have the ability to communicate clearly and thoroughly with clients and establish their needs and discuss designs and design issues.
- Ability to coordinate and interact with all other trades.
- Meet all deadlines as assigned.
- Work well with other designers, engineers and other project managers within the office environment.
- Self-motivated, ability to learn quickly, accept responsibilities and take on new challenges as presented.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Electrical Engineering Design for construction: 5 years (Required)
- Professional Engineering (Preferred)