This position is directly responsible for the development, implementation, management and continuous improvement of products, processes and systems as they relate to sustainable manufacturing (waste reduction, materials management, pollution prevention and product enhancement) in a broad and complex nature. Supervises and/or directs conversion to an implementation of completed projects.
Job Classification: Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the engineering teams in the planning, development and launch of new programs/projects to make them more efficient from an environmental and sustainability standpoint.
- Develop protocols, support the validation process, ensure complete and accurate documentation in all applicable areas and facilitate the implementation of continuous improvement activities to ensure their complete and efficient transfer into manufacturing. This includes providing training and assistance in all aspects of sustainability.
- Evaluate, recommend, and develop improved techniques for product designs, quality, reliability, manufacturability and safety utilizing the concept of Operational Excellence.
- Interact with customers on various level to ensure products meet customer requirements and needs while still conforming to developed sustainability standards for that product. This includes resolving customer complaints.
- Monitor supplier quality and managing nonconformance’s, as assigned and implement internal/external corrective/preventative action where applicable.
- Develop, implement and perform scientific process techniques, to determine product/process acceptability including both manufacturing and development.
- Perform data collection and analysis of sustainability metrics to provide recommendations for facility and technology improvements with a goal of cost reduction.
- Responsible in the implementation of statistical process controls (SPC).
- Serve as an internal auditor for the facility sustainability measures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Skills, and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Plastics Engineering, Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- 5 or more years’ experience as a Manufacturing or Process Engineer with a focus on sustainability within the plastic injection molding industry.
- Recent experience applying robotics and automation knowledge to sustainable manufacturing.
- Advanced working knowledge of root-cause
- Working knowledge of IQMS strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of current ERP software preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
Learn more about us or explore other careers on our website at www.advancedmt.com.
Advanced Molding Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Manufacturing or Process Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Plastics injection molding: 5 years (Preferred)