Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and implements MCHE engineering program, including defining the project goals and objectives, activities, milestones, equipment and staff requirements, per customer requirements.
- Develops and maintains a schedule and budget for the assigned MCHE engineering project.
- Provides reports on the status of project milestones and adjusts schedules accordingly.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of the project budget.
- Identifies project staffing requirements and coordinates staffing with supporting organization managers.
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables, design documents, and bid packages.
- Assigns and oversees project personnel to specific phases or aspects of the project such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Directs integration of technical activities and products.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- Interfaces with customers to provide project status reports and ensure customer needs are met.
- Provides status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management.
· Other duties may be assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
BS in mechanical engineering, with 3-5 years hands on experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is medium noise grade.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture