PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER THAT ADDRESSES THE REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS AND HIGHLY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE. FAILURE TO SUBMIT A COVER LETTER MAY RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION NOT BEING CONSIDERED.
Spear Power Systems manufactures advanced lithium ion batteries for defense, marine, mining and renewable energy applications. We deliver value to our customers by designing, manufacturing and integrating high power, high voltage battery systems deployed in challenging environments. Our team members are creative, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial partners in our success. Spear values teamwork, innovation, inquisitiveness, leadership and accountability.
- System level requirements definition for battery management systems
- Develop and fault diagnose code for embedded battery management systems
- Develop and conduct testing for embedded firmware
- Define, develop, and test PC-based user interfaces for embedded systems
- Define, develop, and test cloud based remote monitoring for distributed devices.
- Experience with MIL-STD-1553 highly desired
- 5 to 10 years of experience in embedded systems firmware development and test required
- Experience with safety critical software development processes
- Experience in software system design, requirements, and test plan development
- Experience with networked multi-processor systems
- Experience with ARM-M cores (Freescale preferred)
- Experience with embedded software development languages (C preferred)
- Experience with object-oriented PC programing concepts and languages (Java, C++, J2EE, .NET, C, C#, or PL/SQL) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or similar technical field preferred
- Experience with lithium ion battery BMS systems preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to work effectively and relate well with others.
- Exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others; work to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Ability to lead and develop teams
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Results driven with accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in improving ISO 9001:2008 / AS9100 within manufacturing
- Safety conscious and able to apply methodologies to improve processes
- Strong documentation skills
U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Residence is required to support government contracts.
Location – this position is located at Spear’s office in Grandview, MO. Spear will not be offering relocation allowances.
Spear offers challenging work, an excellent work environment and great benefits. Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.
Job Type: Full-time
- analyzing requirements and objective outcomes: 2 years (Required)
- software development: 3 years (Required)
- documenting software code: 3 years (Required)
- MIL-STD-1553: 3 years (Preferred)