Spectrum Aquatics is looking for a full-time Mechanical Engineer who is passionate about quality and innovation to join our team. Candidates from all industries and even those that are just starting their careers are welcome to apply. We want to find someone who will be passionate about the big and small details alike and who will strive for excellence. This position will be based out of our Missoula, MT office.
Who We Are?
We help build communities through play and recreation and we do it in the most fun environment: water! Spectrum manufactures equipment for swimming pools, and we’ve been doing this here in Montana for over 45 years. We wouldn’t have been around for this long if we didn’t have awesome people working for us and a fun company culture, but we think you should check it out for yourself!
Daily Duties and Responsibilities will Include:
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
- Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products, using drafting tools or computer-assisted design/drafting equipment and software
- Drive product development projects to completion.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods, testing properties.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned by Manager.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering Preferred
Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Excellent Microsoft Office Excel skills are required.
- Design Skills
- Experience In Product Development and Testing
- Presenting Technical Information
- Conceptual Skills
- Quality Focus
- Control Engineering
- Parametric Modeling Software Proficiency (Solid works Preferred)
- Requirements Analysis
Perks & Benefits
- Paid * Weekly* on Thursdays
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Regular Monday – Friday hours.
- Awesome health benefits – you are eligible to enroll effective day ONE of employment
o Health insurance
o Dental insurance
o Vision insurance
o Short term disability
o Long term disability
o Life insurance
o Flexible spending accounting
o Dependent care spending account
o 401k match of up to 4% with immediate vesting.
- We embrace constant improvement and strive to always find a better, faster way to do things.
PlayCore is a Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $0.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Missoula, MT 59808: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location