Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This Quality Engineer position will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of customer quality requirements and the integrity of quality processes and procedures. They will assure product, process, and system quality requirements are determined and planned for while being involved in new product development, launch and design.
Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process control.
Oversee gage build and gage calibration activities, maintain gage calibration tracking system.
Perform dimensional inspection and layouts as required.
Implement and oversee inspection and testing activities related to program.
Provide support in IATF efforts.
Assist in development of all APQP documents.
Participate in product/process FMEA's.
Lead teams in Process Flow and Control Plan development, perform maintenance on documents.
Lead PPAP function; maintaining all required documentation.
Reviews all purchased products or components and provides input to the decision to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
Define appearance standards with Quality Manager and Customer and supply production and auditors with these standards.
Develop Quality Eng. Procedures and program work instructions in relation to quality functions.
Assist manufacturing in the training of the associates on Quality standards.
Work with Process Engineering on new products/lines in order to assure their readiness for start of production.
Work with Process Engineering on process changes and capability studies.
Participate in Corrective Action Plan:
definition, implementation and follow-up as quality problems occur.
Ensure the follow through of resolutions of any Internal Quality problems.
Provide support onsite to the customer (travel may include extended stay or little notice)
Maintain customer concern databases, first responder to quality issues from customer.
Champion 8D meetings, insure proper team is selected and focused.
Support prototype builds and data collection and reporting of builds
Work with and develop suppliers. Communicate and work with suppliers on issues found with product.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good organizational and record keeping skills.
- Computer literacy with emphasis in: Word and Excel.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organizational staff and customers: negotiating, problem solving, training, etc.
- Blue print, GD&T, and SPC knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience with IATF.
- Must have proven APQP Experience - DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plan, Work instructions, etc.
- Current Lead Auditor Certification a plus.
- Self-motivated with good attendance.
- High school graduate or GED, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- At least 4 years’ experience in automotive quality.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.