The primary responsibility of the Project Engineer is to assist the Project Manager to provide the necessary leadership to direct, organize, coordinate and control the completion of construction projects as assigned. This position is accountable to meet or exceed established guidelines for standards of performance, work quality, safety and job profitability.
This position has the ability to grow and evolve into a Project Manager position with the Company over time.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managers all work for assigned construction projects according to approved construction plans and ensure on-time project completion within scope and budget.
- Supervises assigned foremen and conducts inspections of projects on a daily basis to ensure that resources, equipment and staff are being used efficiently.
- Allocates personnel and manages the work load for construction projects in line with staff qualification and skills.
- Ensures that safe working conditions and practices are followed and informs appropriate staff of any hazards at the work site.
- Holds employees accountable for safety violations and/or non-compliance and implements appropriate disciplinary action as required.
- Responsible for project completion according to both customer and Snyder Construction policies and procedures.
- Meets with customer representatives on a regular basis and ensures that Snyder Construction staff is informed of new customer requirements, change orders and new policies and procedures.
- Prepare, review and approve time records and invoices related to assigned construction projects and work under management.
- Completes and submits construction reports as required by the customer and Snyder Construction.
- Ensures that both customer and Snyder Construction quality control procedures are being utilized and targets are achieved.
- Identifies, develops and implements (with appropriate approval) cost savings initiatives and opportunities for improvement.
- Troubleshoots constructions issues with appropriate staff and works to resolve problems as required.
- Regularly communicates work progress, schedule variance, crew and safety performance to the President.
Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday