Safety Research Corporation of America seeks an experienced programmer to join our team. The candidate will be developing web-based applications and other custom software programs for government and commercial clients. The candidate will support systems for in-house use and will be required to work with limited direction, as well as in teams. The Programmer must have experience working with multiple operating systems and have the ability to improve software while maintaining good maintenance processes (e.g., writing shell/batch scripts or small programs to automate repetitive tasks). This position requires onsite work daily in Dothan, AL, no remote work available.
The candidate will be required to perform the tasks below:
- Contribute bug fixes and enhancements on ASP.NET MVC or Web Forms
- Maintaining and de-bugging live software systems
- Participate in continuous iterative process improvements around design, implementation, and testing to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Actively participate in daily stand-ups, code reviews, and checking in code with meaningful comments as a member of an agile team
- Actively communicates, develops human relations, encourages team building, and an ability to work using a shared decision-making approach
- Assist with preparing, training, and migrating users to projects when completed
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Five (5) years’ experience with ASP.NET, Web Forms or MVC
- 508 compliance experience implementing WCAG Level A and AA standards
- Technical knowledge of current hardware and operating systems and understands industry-standard development tools.
- Ability to determine whether a particular problem is caused by hardware, operating systems software, application programs, etc.
- TDD on C#
- SOLID Principles
- Web Services
- Experience with Git and GitHub
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- ASP.NET, Web Forms and/or MVC: 5 years (Required)
- Dothan, AL 36305 (Required)
- Do you currently have or have you ever held a security clearance?
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Only full-time employees eligible