Plaza Retail REIT (PLZ.UN) is a developer, owner and manager of retail real estate, with a focus on central and eastern Canada. Plaza's current portfolio includes interests in 275 properties totaling approximately 8.4 million square feet across Canada and additional lands held for development. Plaza's properties are anchored by approximately 91% national tenants. For more information, please visit www.plaza.ca.
Plaza Retail REIT is currently seeking a Corporate Accountant to work with our Finance and Accounting team.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for all reconciliations and reports for corporate entities. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following functions:
- Preparation and processing of excise tax reconciliations and filings;
- Administration of banking for various entities;
- Preparation and processing of banking transactions for pre-authorized payments, electronic funds transfers and wires;
- Certain aspects of accounting for corporate entities including analysis of accounts receivable and payables, processing of all payables in paperless system, monthly bank reconciliations, and general ledger analysis;
- Preparation and processing of intercompany billing and transactions
- Preparation of an annual budget for corporate general and administrative expenses along with subsequent variance analysis; and
- Working paper support for corporate entity financial statements.
Corporate Accountant Qualifications and Requirements:
- University or College Diploma in accounting
- Relevant work experience required
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite with a strong knowledge of Excel
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to respond to periodic intensive workloads
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)