General Description:: :
Navatek LLC is a world leader in the design, analysis, and construction of novel ships, underwater vehicles, and other ocean systems. Founded in 1979 and operating out of offices in Honolulu, Hawaii; South Kingstown, Rhode Island; Portland and Bangor, Maine; Arlington, Virginia; Columbia, South Carolina; and Ann Arbor, Michigan, Navatek supports military and industry in developing systems that can survive the harsh ocean environment. Navatek is seeking Mechanical, Electrical, and Ocean Engineers to join our growing team and assist in our research to support the Navy, Marine Corps, and other services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities::
- Investigate new science and technology.
- Research and development through problem identification, requirements definition, new theory development, analysis, and experimentation.
- Engineering of mechanical, marine, or perception and control systems, as assigned.
- Presentation of systems in written technical data packages and design reviews.
- Construction oversight of system specific installation, benchmarking, and testing.
- Test support of systems during trials.
- Pricing, purchasing support, and budgetary reporting during systems construction.
- Assist in report writing, presentations, and other duties as assigned.
- Proven academic record.
- Excellent design and conceptual skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Good attitude and team player who can also work independently.
- Possess the interest and flexibility to be involved with interdisciplinary engineering tasks.
- Strong initiative and excellent time management skills to meet deadlines.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Ocean Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee background check and post-offer drug screen.