Michael J. Mungo started building homes in the Columbia, South Carolina area in 1954, and still today, the Mungo family is involved in the day-to-day operations of the new home building business. Many of our employees live and play in the communities where we build so you’re likely to bump into us at the grocery store, a football game, or the gym, and we take care of you just as well after the close as during the buying process. In late 2018, Mungo Homes proudly became part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies; and, still family-run, Mungo Homes remains committed to the quality and innovation that has led to our success since 1954!
We are growing! We are looking to add a Land Development Engineer to our Columbia market!
Land Development Engineer - Columbia Division
The main objective is quality control regarding the grading and drainage of fully developed residential lots.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Review sketch plans for compatibility with product.
Construction Plan Review
1. Review and evaluate site construction plans for internal and external development.
2. Attend plan review meetings with design engineers for internal development.
3. Ensure that design meets all established criteria and allows for proper drainage on all lots.
4. Coordinate appropriate Team Members for review and comment on all plans.
5. Interface with design engineers to assure quality of design.
6. Maintain portfolio of standard lot grading details for each product.
7. Conduct field review for quality control at Post-Construction walk-thru.
8. When changes are made to our standard design criteria, work with the LD Team and design engineers to determine which previously designed projects can be revised to incorporate the changes.
1. Prepare house fits for each lot showing placement of each house that fits on each lot.
1. Review plot plans based on matrix and house fit.
Development Cost Estimates
1. Prepare cost estimates for land development projects
1. Check, compare, and reconcile design engineer and contractor earthwork calculations.
Skills, knowledge, and abilities
Civil Engineering and CAD experience. Working knowledge of grading and drainage design. Ability to work independently and in a team environment, in an office and in the field.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)