JOB PURPOSE: The Sales Engineer is responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities on a global basis. Leads engagement with customers regarding current business pricing relative to changes in cost of goods sold, including leading and conducting price negotiations
AUTHORITY: All employees have the authority to stop operations/production for the following three reasons:
1) a quality defect, 2) an unsafe act, or 3) a health hazard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for management of sales growth within BRUSS North America.
- Participates in the solicitation and development of new business opportunities in a team-oriented organizational structure on a global basis including cold calling, maintaining, and improving customer relationships.
- Creates customer quotations for alignment within Bruss Global for similar products and for alignment at customers with global footprints purchasing similar products in other regions.
- Ensures the accuracy and profitability of quotations prior to submission to the customer.
- Acquires new business and follow-up of quotes with customers
- Responsible for communication towards customers purchasing contacts
- Responsible for engagement with customers regarding current business pricing relative to changes in the cost of goods sold (including, but not limited to; purchased component price changes, raw material price changes, labor cost changes, and administration costs.)
- Leads and conducts price negotiations.
- Works with plant logistics and purchasing teams to optimize finished goods inventory, minimum order quantity, and lead times to maintain demand and safety stock requirements.
- Responsible for-profit margin and EBIT improvements through understanding and aligning the cost of goods sold with customer contract pricing.
- Optimization of agreed upon Contract Terms and Conditions for customer sales pricing to maximize Bruss’ flexibility in price negotiations.
- Identifies and champions opportunities for continuous improvement of Costing/Pricing relevant to Business Sales and Cost of Goods Sold.
- Maintains Corporate and Customer B2B portals, including: general information, sales prices, contracts, quotes, capacities etc.
- Effectively perform any other duties as assigned or deemed necessary and appropriate.
- Experience, Competencies and Education
An experienced individual with high commercial / sales focus and appropriate industry experience, preferably in the automotive manufacturing industry. An energetic and self-motivated individual with appropriate professional image, good judgement and strong earnings focus as well as hands-on mentality and thinking outside the box. A well-organized individual who has great attention to detail and strong analytical skills. An individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills amongst internal and external stakeholders. An excellent negotiator who is experienced in customer contracts. Bachelor’s Degree (BS) or equivalent experience required. Experience with customer piece price breakdowns and customer tooling breakdowns required. Strong computer and phone skills with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to the Board and outside investors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and see. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Automotive: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location