The Systems Engineer works within the projects team to help manage and implement any systems related request per specified scope of work. This engineer is outgoing, has excellent communication skills, enjoys working with a successful team, and thrives working in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates will have strong interpersonal skills, excellent troubleshooting skills, testing experience, task management skills, root cause analysis abilities and the capability to take troubleshooting back to the basics to achieve complete resolution. The engineer will also be responsible for being an escalation resource to clients and co-workers as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with planning, installing, configuring and maintaining systems for clients VMware environment, physical servers, operating systems, SQL servers, email servers, web servers and server hardware.
- Document all changes in detail made to an environment within Visio and other office products.
- Update necessary departments when changes made may affect their work
- Ownership of various systems engineering projects related to Windows, Linux, Veeam and other Cloud systems infrastructure.
- Support, build, and troubleshoot Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 & 2019 systems for production and test platforms, as well as Azure platforms.
- Support and administer production environment Active Directory domain, DNS, and group policy in accordance with best practice.
- Analyze and resolve problems associated with server hardware and applications
- Ability to implement and manage:
- Hyper-V & VMWare virtualization Platforms
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Shared Storage Clusters
- Microsoft Exchange Server environments
- Active Directory domain, DNS, and group policy
- Manage SQL Servers
- Veeam Backup
- Some Linux
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up to date with current and future technologies.
- Participate in company sponsored job related activities and training to further develop your technical skills and the skills of others.
- Independently design complete solutions and provide parts, licensing information labor estimates and complete scopes of work
- Write and present formal project proposals for clients and internal teams
- Live the core values of Vertikal6 in all facets of the job and in your interactions and communications with others both internal and external
- Care Deeply – You can never spend too much time thinking about and worrying about the Client. The quality of our service begins and ends with caring.
- Innovate Relentlessly – There is always a way to improve. Provide new ideas and look for a better way. Remember there is always a first way to do the impossible.
- Service Sincerely – Our Client’s interests come first. Replace self-pride with pride in client satisfaction. Sincerity results in success.
- Collaborate Feverishly – Build bridges with your peers, partners and clients. They are a treasured resource, crucial to your success.
- Listen Earnestly – When we listed to understand, not to reply, we share ideas and can then execute successfully for our clients.
- Improve Eternally – If we do not learn, we’ll always be in the same place. Continuous development of your knowledge and skills is our sustainable competitive advantage.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong communication skills written and oral is a must
- Ability to perform under pressure or a deadline
- Strong desire to learn quickly and continuously
- Desire to share your skills with others to continually grow our teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- Two Years of experience with VMware, Hyper-V, Exchange, O365, Azure and Veeam within a production environment
- Five years related experience and/or training
- VMWare or MCSE Certifications recommended
Job Type: Full-time
- VMware, Hyper-V, Exchange, O365, Azure, Veeam: 2 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
Company's Facebook page: