McGowan Consulting Group, Inc. provides engineering development services to the MIL/Aerospace industry. In particular we specialize in the development of systems and software requirements, real-time embedded software (C/C++ and Ada) and system and software test procedures for avionics applications.
We are currently seeking a Systems Design Engineer located in the Connecticut area. The position requires a demonstrated ability to design, develop, integrate, and qualify an Avionics system. The candidate will have the technical responsibility of system requirements development, supplier(s) subsystem design and development, system integration and hardware qualification activities. Substantial knowledge of avionics subsystem theory of operation with a demonstrated ability of these principles is preferred.
1. Work within an Avionics development team to define, develop specifications, develop interface control documents, verify and qualify an integrated system solution for military and/or commercial aircraft.
2. Contribute and participate in technical reviews of military and/or commercial avionics systems.
3. Interface with customers, partner companies, suppliers, and other technical leaders.
4. Lead activities such as; failure Investigations, root causes analysis and implementation of corrective actions, lesson learned, issues and design standards updates.
- Must be effective working in highly collaborative team environment to accomplish program objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills essential.
- Working expertise in the design, analysis, development and operation of aircraft systems and avionics sub-systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience in Avionics Systems or related product design and development.
- Minimum of 5 years of technical experience in Avionics Systems and sub-systems requirements definition, design, architecture, integration, verification, and qualification.
- Strong Computer skills: WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, VISIO, DOORS- Strong knowledge of Mil Standards, Digital Busses architecture (Ethernet, ARINC-429, MIL-STD- 1553)
US Citizenship Required
Education - Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited college or university
Job Type: Full-time
- Systems Engineering: 4 years (Preferred)
- C++: 4 years (Required)
- Avionics: 4 years (Required)
- DOORS: 4 years (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19