Do you want to work at an organization that is people focused, service minded and results oriented, that offers their customers creative problem solving, progressive solutions, and improved outcome? Then Android Industries may be the place for you. We are committed to a culture of excellence, with a focus on best practices and continuous improvement. We understand that our people are our biggest strength, and we know that world-class service happens because of our capable and valued team members.
Whether you are looking for an assembly position or a career in manufacturing management, you can thrive as a member of our team. MACHINE TOOL ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICE JOB SUMMARY: The apprenticeship will consist of working alongside experienced electricians and panel builders. The apprentice will be trained to learn the trade of a Machine Tool Electrician.The Machine Tool Electrician specializes in wiring machine tooling to be used in an industrial application rather than specializing in the wiring of a building. The goal of the apprenticeship program is to train someone to become a resident expert with the company’s tooling and build a long-term relationship with opportunities for growth and long-term career opportunities.
Assemble and wire machine tooling (and related prototypes) according to electrical schematics for use in Android assembly operations.Perform tasks such as wire, panel build, trouble shoot, debug, and install new machine tooling and equipment.Work closely with controls engineers to communicate hardware requirements and engineering changes, and to debug systems.Duties are performed with oversight by Electrician I or Electrician II and prioritization by the shop manager. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Work alongside a mentor Electrician(s) to learn the following duties and responsibilities: • Assemble electrical panels according to electrical schematics. • Assemble, wire, debug, and install machine tooling and equipment according to electrical schematics. • Troubleshoot hardware and assist with root cause analysis of issues related to the build or identified in Android assembly operations.
- Record and document test data; prepare sketches, schematics and graphical test results. • Maintains safe operations and a clean work area by adhering to safety and housekeeping procedures/regulations. • May make continuous improvement suggestions and participate in initiatives to improve productivity and process efficiency. • May provide input for design reviews, proposals, specifications, work standards, and business processes.
- Complete all necessary forms, build documents and reports within a timely fashion, as required by Android quality management system. • Interface with customers and vendors as necessary. • Communicate with Shop Manager as to progress of projects. • Assist in maintaining predetermined inventory levels of components, supplies, materials, etc., in the build shop.
- All other duties as assigned. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: • High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Plus, one of the following: 1. Currently enrolled in or graduating from an Electricians, Electrical Technology, Electronics, or Mechatronics program in a trade school or college.
2. Previous classes in the Electrician/Electronics disciplines in a high school program and looking to develop a career in the trade. 3. Currently enrolled in classes in the Electrician/Electronics disciplines in a high school program and looking to develop a career in the trade and at least 18 years of age.
• Some occasional travel may be required for installations. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: • Ability to test and troubleshoot electrical circuits, components and equipment. • Competent in operating basic test equipment such as digital multimeters, thermocouples, etc. • Strong organizational skills and high attention to technical detail • Problem solving skills and decision-making ability.
- Strong verbal and written skills necessary to communicate intricate job-related information and respond to questions from team members and customers. • Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines. • Basic skills in using Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. • Ability to use personal protective equipment and follow safety guidelines.
- Ability to maintain a neat and organized work area. BENEFITS: • Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical • Delta Dental • VSP Vision • 401k Matching • Tuition Reimbursement • Paid Time Off • Employee Assistance Program • Additional Competitive Benefits TRAITS/VALUES: • The quality of possessing and adhering to positive, optimistic expectation of future events. • Confidence in one another • The quality of an understanding of another's challenges. • Concern for fairness.
- The quality of having good, sound judgement. • Strength in the face of adversity. Android Industries is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.