Des-Case is seeking a Software Engineer (Full Stack Developer). This position will function as a software engineer, solutions architect, and web developer. A successful candidate will lead the software, mobile app, and web development activities as the company introduces more advanced and connected products.
The software engineer will serve as a technical lead and subject matter expert for application development and design. The software engineer will collaborate with product owners and project managers as well as the rest of the company to use agile practices in order to clarify program features for new and existing applications that further company goals. They will also provide technical guidance to other team members, lead projects, and manage both internal and external resources to ensure deliverables meet time and quality constraints.
- Plan, design, and build intelligent front-end and back-end solutions
- Develop and maintain mobile apps (Android, iOS, Windows, Linux) to communicate with Des-Case connected products
- Design overall architecture of web applications and work with graphic designers to convert designs into visual elements
- Design and develop backend APIs
- Collaborate with the rest of the R&D and New Product Development teams to design and launch new products and features
- Provide technical leadership in concepts, business propositions, applications, and services
- Work across various functions in the company, including R&D, product management, and marketing
- Ensure changes are properly documented, communicated, audited, and deployed in compliance with company procedures
- Mentor team members on best practices and new technologies
Background & Other (preferred):
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Three or more years building applications in a mainstream programming language: Python, C#, C++, Java, etc.
- Experience with Linux Operating System & Django
- Technical knowledge on big data technologies, cloud, and open source software tools
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Efficient, practical programmer with a record of producing dependable code
About the Company:
Headquartered in Goodlettsville, Tennessee (Nashville area), Des-Case Corporation is a worldwide leading manufacturer of contamination control products for industrial lubricants and was named one of Tennessee's Top Workplaces for 5 years running (2015-2019). The Company was founded in 1983, and now more than 35 years later manufactures products in the US and the Netherlands and continues to market an array of products and services designed to help companies make their equipment investments last longer. Des-Case has worked with some of the world’s largest companies, directly and through valuable partners. The Company’s trademarked and patented solutions are marketed through an extensive, global distribution network that includes private label distributors and OEM partners.
For more visit us at descase.com.
Start a Career with Des-Case:
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but does not represent a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, the statements herein do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- application building using programming language: 3 years (Required)
- Goodlettsville, TN 37072 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity