The Automation Engineering role shall support the Product Platforms and Engineering team by providing detailed Automation Engineering support. An individual in this role is expected to provide guidance and direction to other Engineering team members concerning electrical panel design (per UL508A), automation and control systems, verification, validation, and risk assessment activities. Directly involved in product design for customized solutions and supports the Product Development Process.
- Designs, develops, and tests electrical and automation products from concept to completion for bespoke customer applications.
- Utilizes EPlan Electric to complete industrial control panel designs including schematics, electrical diagrams, and bills of materials.
- Creates ladder logic diagrams, control programs, and programs logic controllers and variable frequency drives for motor and motion control applications.
- Assembles schematics, electrical diagrams, drawing packages, bills of materials, math data, and other technical documentation required to process ECOs.
- Carries out all activities related to custom-engineered solution development including, but not limited to, design, simulation, schematics, panel layouts, logic diagrams, prototyping, and testing.
- Completes UL508A compliant control panel schematics, layouts, and bills of material.
- Starts-up and commissions motion control systems including applications in the Port and Container handling market and Overhead Crane market.
- Supports new product launch activities and coordinates product line transitions from the Product R+D Team to a Product Platform.
- Actively involved in building, assembling, and testing designs.
- Performs design validation and verification of products as required to assure products meet specifications.
- Assesses and identifies project and product risks, takes action to reduce risks throughout the course of a development or research project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Automation Engineering, or Robotic Engineering.
- Experience with UL508A panel design, motion and motor control systems, mathematical modeling, logic controller programming, and validation is required.
- Experience using EPlan Electric P8 and Solidworks 2016 or newer preferred.
- Knowledge or Siemens logic controllers and drives required. Knowledge of ABB and Allen Bradley controllers and drives is preferred.
- Understanding and experience with regulatory codes such as UL, NEC and NFPA.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting electric, electronic and mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Strong written and oral communication skills the ability to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience in technical documentation and report generation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Automation Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location