TITLE: Application Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Battle Creek Branch
REPORTS TO: Battle Creek Branch Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt Position
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Meiji Corporation’s MI Branch, working independently and with sales teams, to find solutions for customer needs.
- Understand Meiji’s “Value Add / Solution Selling” service platform, with relation to the Automotive Industry, specifically on the electrical controls side. Additionally, Material Handling and Packaging Industries a plus.
- Technical Support Requirements:
- Provide “Value Add / Solution Selling” support to top National Accounts. – Project & Omron Product Sales Based
- Specialize in Controls, with strong skill in Machine Learning, Traceability, and Safety Products preferred.
- Omron product knowledge preferred.
- 5 Year Min Field Experience with Solution Selling preferred.
- Work with Meiji Staff on technical support issues for the following areas: (PLC, Vision, Motion, HMI, and/or other electrical products and applications of manufacturers that Meiji Corp supports).
- Must pass the training courses that manufacturers/suppliers require for Application Engineer.
- Continuous growth in knowledge, of new technology, for Meiji Corp’s internal purposes and customers, to generate additional value and differentiation from competitors.
- System Integration:
- Manage projects.
- Coordinate and work with integrators/partners for system installations.
- Provide detailed and accurate on-site confirmation of spec and scope of work.
- Travel Requirements:
- Be able to travel for MI and IN territory. Extended overnight travel, on occasion, as required by project installation or visitation schedules.
Sales Perspective Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborative Activity with Manufacturers/Suppliers:
- Execute sales activities that management strategically plans for target manufactures/suppliers. These activities are sales target oriented and are tracked by Management.
- Communicate with manufacturers/suppliers to grow business in a professional manner.
- Establish a practical relationship with manufacturers/suppliers.
- Gather and feedback market needs to manufacturers/suppliers.
- Conduct lunch & learn, as a technician, in coordination with, OS or other AE’s.
- Sales Supports with Technical Knowledge:
- Demonstrate key products/applications to customers.
- Execute initial test and create a report to customers. (Feasibility Study)
- Manage opportunities with Sales Dept.
- Joint visitation to customers with Sales.
Engineering Perspective Duties & Responsibilities
- Technical Support:
- Provide technical support for all project related activities (i.e. Controls, Machine Learning, Traceability, and Safety Products).
- Provide technical support for Meiji’s Battle Creek staff.
- Training for Customers :
- PLC Training.
- HMI Training.
- Vision Training.
- Safety Training.
- Motion Training.
- PLC design & programming.
- Electrical Drawings to support target systems (i.e. Controls, Vision, Safety, etc.).
- System Integration:
- Manage quality checks, personally or with other BC AE’s, for local Battle Creek Branch installed systems.
- *Duties/Responsibilities could be flexibly adjusted along with a company direction. *
- More than 5 years of experience in Industrial Automation.
- Experience with Solution Selling.
- Experience with Controls.
- Experience with Machine Learning.
- Experience with Traceability preferred.
- Experience with Safety related products preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills, in English.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self-motivated with problem solving mindset.
- Energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Excellent phone and email communication, in a professional manner.
- The ability to follow procedures and continuously recommend improvements for internal process.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance