Join a growing PV solar tracker company!
Work in the meaningful field of renewable energy! Representing renewable energy at its best, Nengyao supplies the single-axis trackers for utility-scale PV solar applications. We're constantly improving and re-inventing our products--and we're looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
The task at hand is designing durable parts, mechanisms, and assemblies that make up the mounting system, while optimizing for cost and reliability.
Sub-tasks include loads calculation, application of building codes (e.g. ASCE 7), design (including FEA analysis), and interfacing with team members in the Americas and in China.
Priority will be given to candidates whose resume and LinkedIn profile emphasizes how they are qualified to perform the tasks.
Please note this is a remote/work-from-home position.
Candidates from any country are welcome to apply.
Candidates in the U.S. Pacific Time Zone will be given priority.
- Design of innovative solar tracker systems meeting cost and durability objectives
- Optimizing for Reliability and Cost
- Deriving and applying load data, obtained from wind tunnel testing
- Structural design per ASCE and AISI
- Detailed part design from concept to mass production readiness
- Design for manufacturing, reliability and environmental conditions
- Preparing engineering test plans, system design guidelines, and field assembly sheets
- Bill of materials management and cost estimation
- International and domestic project support
- Direct engagement with international customers providing product support and facilitate communications with headquarters.
- Managing third party engineering firms for project documentation and bankability studies.
Remote work with regular online meetings with the Shanghai based engineering teams and occasional travel to project sites. Occasional in-person meetings between USA employees in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Qualifications / Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or structural engineering
- 3 years in industry
- Proficiency in SolidWorks CAD and Simulation packages
- Capable of performing first order hand calculations
- In-depth knowledge of common manufacturing processes (sheet metal forming, castings, forging injection molding, extrusions)
- Self-motivated individual with a strong discipline for time management and ability to prioritize work tasks efficiently
- Strong oral and written communication skills for working effectively across language and time zone barriers
- Experience with RISA-3D structural analysis software
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Remote position. No travel expected during pandemic.
- Mechanical design: 3 years (Preferred)
- SolidWorks: 3 years (Preferred)
- FEA: 1 year (Preferred)
- Stress analysis: 1 year (Preferred)
- hand calculation: 1 year (Preferred)
- metal design: 1 year (Preferred)
- weldment design: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote