Overview and Focus
CAD Designers are responsible for assisting and supporting Team Leaders, Engineers, and Surveyors with the research, design, and production of various survey drawings and civil construction plans. The primary role of a CAD Designer is to increase the speed and efficiency of plan production while ensuring quality and consistency of plans.
- Perform research and assist with the preparation of preliminary site plans.
- Utilize Civil 3D to produce civil construction plans and employ design automation tools, when available, to increase production speed and efficiency.
- Assist the project team with drawing updates and revisions.
- Produce various survey drawings and base maps from raw survey data and property research.
- Analyze sketches, architectural plans, notes and other forms of information and input data into CAD drawings.
- Consistently implement BURKHARDT’s design/drawing standards and processes including sheet setups, layers, linetypes, symbols, naming conventions, and file systems.
- Review plans and CAD files for quality and consistency.
- Utilize Civil 3D to perform cut/fill analysis and assist with mass grading optimization to reduce construction costs.
- Assist with the creation of points and preparation of construction staking files.
Goals and Growth Areas
- Develop design skills by taking on new design tasks and showing initiative to learn from other team members.
- Continue to learn and employ CAD design automation tools when possible.
- Keep up with new technologies and advancements in CAD by reading, researching, and attending industry events.
Education / Skills / Experience
- Associates degree or diploma in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- 2+ years of experience using Civil 3D to produce surveys and civil engineering plans.