The Mechanical Engineer performs maintenance and repair activities on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. The Mechanical Engineer will lead process equipment maintenance activities.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs preventive maintenance activities of process equipment
- Places orders for components, parts and supplies to maintain the continuous and efficient operations of process equipment
- Initiate process equipment works orders and track record of open work order.
- Initiate Change controls as required
- Trouble shoot process equipment.
- Assist with Installation/Operation Qualification of process equipment.
- Takes care and custody of issued tools and equipment and assists with the maintenance and organization of tools, parts, and supplies inventories
- Ensures that required documentation, operating logs, and maintenance forms are completed accurately and clearly and are maintained in Company Compliance Books, paper files, and electronic data/filing system
- Maintains a clean, safe, and accident free workplace and exercises common sense and good judgment when performing duties
- As essential building personnel, the responsibilities of this position occasionally require overtime, weekend, and holiday work on a scheduled, short-notice or emergency basis
- General knowledge of safe work practices & OSHA regulations
- General capability with the operation of a PC and mobile communication devices, including Internet browsers
- OTHER or ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management Responsibility Works under minimal supervision
- Reports to Director Facilities & Operations
- Internal/External Contacts Vendors/contractors
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Electrical mechanical aptitude
- Trouble shooting abilities
- Ability to read electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Experience & Education :
- Position requires a minimum of Bachelor/Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Science, or related field plus 3-7 years of experience with working on very large-scale integrated circuits and performing installations, qualifications, and upgrades of machines.
- Physical Requirements/Working Environment :
- Color vision
- Ability to push minimum 100 pounds (power cleaning appliances) ability to lift minimum 50 pounds (trash and supplies)
- Ability to climb ladder and step ladder
- Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job may require.
- Have valid current driver license.
- Travel None
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Mechanical Engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Industrial mechanic experience: 3 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place