Education and Experience Requirements:
- Design responsibilities primarily involve engineering design of new and derivative versions of interior furnishings and amenities as part of outfitting new aircraft. Examples include custom interior peripheries, water/waste systems, oxygen systems, PSU, cabin liners, entertainment equipment installations, and seating installations.
- Design engineer will design installations for aforementioned commodities along with necessary airframe modifications to meet load requirements of the interior installation and should have the competency with Weight & Center of Gravity Analysis.
- Engineering design work includes the creation of drawings/models using either CATIA V5, or AutoCAD and SmarTeam. Design Engineer will be required to liaison with the shop on engineering issues.
- Design assignments Item Installation Analysis, Similarity Analysis and Mount Configuration along with any other required items. Design engineer will employ design standards consistent with company standards and accepted design methods are executed under the direction of the Mechanical Engineering Group Head to meet the manufacturing schedule.
- Additional responsibilities are out lined in the job description and as assigned by the Mechanical Engineering Group Head.
- Other preferred skills: Microsoft Project, Excel and Power Point.
- Upcoming May 2020 graduates will be considered - must have degree prior to starting position.
Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Entry level. 0-18 months experience.
Position Purpose :
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and solution of basic problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of Gulfstream aircraft.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes by completing discrete engineering tasks on schedule 2. Using company procedures, applies engineering knowledge to resolve routine issues 3. Analyzes and evaluates results of project activities 4. Prepares recommendations for changes and compiles necessary reports for various department supervision 5. Recognizes discrepancies and/or problems with analysis/test results and works toward corrective action
1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Continues learning and developing knowledge of application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise Perform other duties as assigned.
1. The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade level will be established by each discipline.
2. Work is closely supervised/monitored, follows established procedures and methods.
3. Failure to achieve results may cause delays in program schedules.
4. Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats.
5. Contacts are primarily with direct supervisor, mentor, and other exempt professionals in the group or department.