Dimplex Thermal Solutions Job Description Job Title: Electrical Designer Department: Engineering
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt Date Prepared: September 2017
Reports to: Core Engineering Manager
Primary responsibilities will be for electrical project specific design work (hands-on) as well as provide technical support and specifications within the production environment. This role will entail design and development of electrical engineering solutions with oversight provided by a Lead Electrical Engineer. This role will also require extensive coordination efforts with other disciplines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review order documentation to develop new electrical design for custom chillers.
- Research and source electrical components for chiller system and sub-systems.
- Design and maintain all wiring schematic diagrams using CAD tools and PDM.
- Create new Bills of Material as well as maintain existing ones.
- Initiate and process Engineering Change Notices.
- Interact with other departments to resolve issues and to implement suggested improvements.
- Comply with established key performance indicators.
- Positively contribute to the engineering process and develop alternatives that allow the company to deliver consistently high quality products and solutions to our customers.
- Implement process improvements and standardization around product designs and platforms.
- High School diploma, Associates degree or apprenticeship in an electrical trade program preferred.
- Proficient in reading electrical schematics
- Proficient with electrical schematic creation with AutoCAD
- Experience in the setup and parameter selection for parametric controllers
- Proficiency with SolidWorks Electrical a plus
- Competency in troubleshooting electrical controls systems
- Understanding of UL and CE requirements for industrial controls
- Experience with industrial communication protocols a plus
- Solid technical aptitude
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing processes and limitations
- 5+ years of experience in a design to manufacture and/or assembly environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and scheduling skills
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Proactive thinker
- Customer focused
- Highly motivated and passionate about contribution to organization
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to stand, bend, lift and move intermittently; move equipment and supplies as necessary for job function
- Ability to withstand extended exposure to a computer monitor, which may at times be straining on the eyes.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel as necessary. (Less than 5%)
Primarily works in well-lit, fast paced changing organization. Exposure to the manufacturing area with moderate noise, dust, seasonal heat and cold.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement