Position: Service Estimator/Project Manager
Type: Full Time Employee
Wage: Commensurate with experience
Location: Grunwald Mechanical
Contractors and Engineers
8720 F St
Omaha, NE 68127
Since 1899, Grunwald Mechanical Contractors and Engineers has been providing quality service to the
Omaha Metro. We have an opening for a Service Estimator/Project Manager at our main office at 8720 F
Street in Omaha. This position will typically work from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm with a 1-hour lunch.
The essential job duties will/may include:
- Prepare timely and accurate estimates of cost and detailed proposals for the Service Department.
- Assesses final estimate for project compliance, reasonable and complete use of materials, pricing and total value as compared to similar work.
- Monitors all addenda, scope changes and bid forms to ensure they are processed and incorporated into the estimate in a timely manner.
- Communicates all project issues, up and down, to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
Reports issues to customers concerning project specifications, project scope, reports, value engineering possibilities, timelines or other items pertaining to a bid.
- Identifies, develops, and communicates policies and procedures for continuous improvement including project cost savings opportunities.
- Organizes and maintains estimating project files in a clear and coherent manner.
- Monitors and maintains current technical knowledge of piping, plumbing and sheet metal estimating, installation practices and procedures.
- Facilitates project turnover to project management and field.
- Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of assigned projects so that they are completed on time and on budget.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
This position will require the following skills:
- Ability to complete projects on time-within budget-meet client quality demands.
- Solid estimating ability.
- Ability to create work schedules and supervise field labor.
- Strong project leadership skills and be able to delegate.
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience in HVAC or Industrial sheet metal preferred.
- Degree in Construction Management/Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
Grunwald Mechanical prides itself on being an Equal Opportunity Employer – Affirmative Action. We maintain a Drug-Free Workplace. Candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen.
Grunwald Mechanical offers a very competitive benefit package including Health insurance, 401k, paid holidays, and PTO. Resumes can be mailed to our office at the address listed above or emailed through Indeed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible