The physical location of this job is in the City of Capron, IL. It is posted in Rockford, IL to extend employment opportunity to a larger population.
Direct Hire Opportunity
Position Summary: The Mechanical Engineer will perform technical and administrative engineering tasks to secure and sustain NSF, CSA, ETL, and CE certifications in support of company objectives. Further, as to provide continued leadership in the manufacturing and reliability of commercial cooking equipment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare engineering drawings, reports, analyses, correspondence, and data to be used for certification of new and existing parts and modifications.
- Coordinate approvals of major/minor design changes, and repairs.
- Schedule and send manufactured units for testing. Interface directly with management, engineering, operations, auditors, testing and certification agencies.
- Direct meetings and technical presentations.
- Perform checking of drawing quality.
- Oversee drawing release system and filing.
- Maintain engineering files and company records.
- Provide innovation input toward company objectives.
- Interface with company technicians, and outside vendors/suppliers to develop product design specifications and optimize production processes.
- Apply technical knowledge in solving complex problems using specialized analysis software and/or data acquisition equipment.
- Lead engineering R&D projects using appropriate test resources.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- B.S. engineering degree or equivalent work experience of 3 or more years.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Proficiency interpreting technical data, engineering drawings, blueprints, and schematics.
- Experienced in NSF, CSA, ETL, and CE certification processes (commercial cooking equipment).
- Knowledgeable of fabrication materials and hardware.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while ensuring timely completion of each task at hand.
Job Type: Full-time