CMD is honored to be awarded a Best Places to Work designation for five consecutive years!
We are dedicated to creating and displaying a culture of trust, respect and dialogue to fully engage our employees!
We offer a full benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision and more.
We match 401(k) contributions (you put in 6% and get 4% more) and a Profit Sharing program.
Be Heard. Be Empowered. Belong.
Come join us as we grow. We are expanding our workforce and invite you to be a part of our future!
This position is responsible to conduct and perform engineering research and development work on assigned projects, either individually or as a team participant. This is an exempt position that may require in excess of a 40-hour week in order to effectively carry out the listed job duties. Occasional travel required.
A Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, and six years of experience in the engineer-to-order machinery industry (i.e. converting, printing, plastics, packaging machinery manufacturing) or compressor industry.
Qualified individual will have mechanical or electrical engineering expertise, knowledge of parts numbering systems, bill of materials, and engineering revision systems. Must be proficient with integrated business systems, design for manufacturing, and engineering design standards. Must communicate well with external customers and internal customers/co-workers. Must have ability to lead projects from concept through commercialization.
Essential to the position are ingenuity, communication, and follow through.
- Responsible to lead new projects with support from engineers, design engineers and technicians, with minimal supervision.
- Analyzes and interprets engineering concepts and specifications for development projects. Plans and organizes research procedures.
- Responsible for the application of sound and accepted engineering principles, extent and adequacy of exploratory research and techniques, and the basic designs, construction and testing of pilot models. Work is subject to regular review and minimal supervision.
- Offers technical advice and assistance to engineers, designers and technicians assigned to the projects. Works with design group and Project Manager to modify designs as needed. Works with Operations Department and Technical Services in troubleshooting problems.
- Maintains records related to materials specifications, research procedures, development techniques, designs, product performance, test data, time, etc.
- Keeps well informed of new developments in engineering blown film technology and/or compressor industry. Continually develops process knowledge. Occasionally visits customer sites.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of applicable industry, national, and international standards, regulations and laws regarding safety and standard design practices.
- Responsible for reports to management as required.
- Assists CMD sales, customer service and manufacturing departments in technical matters when needed; periodic travel as required.
- Seeks, evaluates and conducts negotiations with vendors regarding machinery components and integrated equipment.
- Understands and utilizes the CMD integrated business system effectively.
- Is proficient in the use of AutoCAD and SolidWorks 3D modeling system.
- Responsible to mentor Designers and Engineers, to assist with their professional development and potential career advancement.
- Visibly supports “lean” and other process improvement activities. Participates in rapid improvement events. Applies continuous improvement practices to one’s job. Supports transition activities, as required. Maintains an open mind throughout the change process. Works with others to continuously fuel improvement throughout the Company.
- Contributes to CMD’s core competencies of Market Intelligence and Product Development by gathering and reporting all relevant information. This includes: competitive information; and new technology trends.
- Responsible for own safety. Practices only safe work habits and ensures all safety rules are followed. Responsible to keep area clean and organized to ensure safe working conditions.
- Performs other appropriate duties as required or requested by supervisor.
PRINCIPLE WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Interacts with product development/engineering, technical services and manufacturing departments. Works as a team player and cooperates with co-workers to get the job done.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “Occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more working time.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The incumbent will regularly sit, and will frequently talk and listen and use hands to finger, handle or touch. Specific vision requirements for this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. During the performance of his/her duties, the incumbent will occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works in an office environment where the noise level is moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 6 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement