Engineered Controls is currently searching for a Senior Control Systems Engineer to work in our Smart Building Technology group in the Omaha and Lincoln, NE offices. This individual will be responsible for software programming and commissioning of smart building solutions for new and existing Engineered Controls customers. This position leverages the integration of various commercial building IoT solutions that include HVAC system, lighting systems, access control and video surveillance security systems, energy and metering systems that together lay the foundation of today’s smart building.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives project documentation from the Sales Department or the assigned Control System Designer develops all required software for the building automation system – HVAC, Security, Lighting, and /or Energy…etc. to meet the intent of the plans and specifications.
- This person is responsible for the development of standard sequence of operation software to meet the intended sequence of operations.
- Complete all startup and commissioning of complete Building Automation Systems.
- Works closely with our installation team and other subcontractors and coordinate work with them to ensure projects are completed on time and per code, standards and contract requirements.
- Generates hardware database on all projects.
- Performs a point-to-point checkout of field hardware per standard procedures.
- Perform software/hardware calibration required for proper equipment and system operation.
- Prepares and completes all the start-up and checkout documentation.
- Maintain on-going project as-built documentation.
- May prepare system graphics on all projects.
- Special emphasis placed on cost effective application of software programs to assure compliance with project specifications and company standards.
- Provide service support on existing projects to ensure the systems meet customer’s expectations during the warranty period and beyond.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Education:
- General - a Control Systems Engineer is experienced in automaton architectures involving multiple products and technologies and has comprehensive knowledge in programming and commissioning complex solutions. This position requires an individual with very strong organization, technical and communication skills as the individual will be interfacing with a variety of internal and on-site customers at many levels within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred, although an Associate degree in electronic engineering, electro-mechanical, or HVAC will also be considered.
- We are currently seeking someone with previous Building Automation programming experience including the Niagara based products (if possible).
- 1-2 years industry experience would be beneficial.
- Proficiency in programming, job start-up, checkout and trouble-shooting preferred.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and its practices.
- Must be service minded and customer focused.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- This person must understand the importance of business culture and is able to effectively work in a matrix structure.
- Individual must be capable of working under pressure and have effective interpersonal skills, to properly represent Engineered Controls to customers and other outside contacts.
- Be able to lift and carry drawings, personal computers, materials, etc.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to spend significant time standing and walking when on construction sites.
- Be able to climb several flights of stair throughout a typical day on a construction site.
- Maintain a satisfactory driving record which, per Engineered Controls vehicle policy, allows the individual to drive a company vehicle.
- Be physically able to kneel, stoop and crawl.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Omaha, NE 68127 (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible