1. JOB DETAILS: Position Title:
Engineering Program Manager (Sr. Project Engineer)
Job Description Code:
Job Area Technical / Engineering Program ManagementGrade: N/APrepared / Revised on: 14-Jan-20202. ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW
- Reports directly to TCAA-OH VP Engineering.
- The role requires an intermediate understanding of armor materials, product and manufacturing development processes and procedures, and project management.
- TCAA is a project based business with few standard products and interaction with Customer Facing People, Project managers and Suppliers is essential.
- Headcount of the company: Between 75 and 115 people (Dec 2019 = 105 employees).
- Type of business: Ballistic Protection Solutions for Personal Protection (Body Armor & Shields) Vehicle Protection, Maritime Protection and Aircraft Protection (roto-craft and fixed wing).
3. JOB OBJECTIVE:
This position will support Programmatic Technical Engineering Services & Management as well as Product Development.
- Responds to opportunities in defined business / market segments, focused on concept to realization for Engineering Project Management.
- Leads execution of projects within assigned segments in accordance with AS9100 requirements.
- Authors product development plans (ENG-036).
- Professional planning, execution and communication of projects with customers according to TCAA Management System Procedures.
- Support of other job functions for project execution, such as Supply Chain, Quality, Purchasing, Engineering, etc.
- Management and documentation of all Engineering changes and agreements during entire project development stages. Cost consequences will be communicated with Armor Development Manager
- Perform Preliminary Design Review (PDR) in accordance with management manual.
- Perform Critical Design Review (CDR) in accordance with management manual.
- Drafting of technical documents relating to the service after sales support for customers (ILS Management) Maintains awareness of ballistic materials, performance, and vendors.
- Ensures that designs are been developed per TCAA-OH Management Manual and Procedures.
- Coordinate certification and/or qualification of the product to include preparation of Qualification Test Plans, the fabrication of product samples and test laboratory coordination: NIJ certifications for commercial products and First Article Testing (FAT) for military products.
- Summarizes ballistic development project efforts in detailed, written, and published reports.
This role is responsible for supporting Sales and Business Development in the pursuit of new business for the company.
- Prepare proposal technical sections describing the proposed armor solution(s) and performance.
- Provide Bills of Material (EBOM) of proposed armor solutions for pricing.
- Development of compliance matrix.
- Define programmatic NRE required.
4. JOB DIMENSIONS:
Number of Staff Supervised:
75 - 115
5. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
This role will be responsible for the following Main Tasks:
- Develop EBOM.
- Development of Level 2 TDP, Per MIL-STD-31000A.
- Leads product related CAR (From design standpoint).
- Development & overall owner of Risk Register items and actions in accordance with P17-600.
- Approval of input and output for design & engineering regarding drawings and deliverable design documentation for each project phase and design changes.
- Development and authors Qualification Test Plan, Qualification Schedule, and Qualification Test Report according to specifications and standards.
- Leads qualification testing activates, including observation of testing at gov't of outside labs as required.
- Coordinates FAI & Qualification Test article builds in conjunction with the ballistic & development engineer.
- Leading quoting activities for complex and / or customized solutions with the associated Business Development Manager.
- Organization of Resources and Quotations at external Qualification Institutes and Consultancy Agencies.
- Management and documentation of all Engineering changes and agreements during entire project development stages. Cost consequences will be communicated with Business Development representative.
- Assists Supply Chain in make / buy decisions and locations of program activities.
- Others as determined by management.
- Detail orientated and open minded.
- Good coordinator – results oriented.
- Controlled and not reactive, this role requires interaction with many services.
- Good communication skills - technical writing and presentation skills.
- Focus on efficiency in cost, people and time.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10%.
- Hands on personality.
6. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
Targets specified within Project Proposal Documents will be the key objective. Additional business objectives and personal objectives will be set on an annual review basis.
7. COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: (With who, about what, frequency)
Daily / Weekly
Project information, status, budget
Sales and Operations Meetings
Presenting and participation
Materials & engineering support
Managing Director Group TCAA
Daily / Weekly
Projects, strategy, opportunities
People development recruitments.
- External contacts: (With who, about what, frequency)
Primarily customers, potential customers, and various governmental agencies in support of engineering program management.
8. jOB CONTEXT / FRAMEWORKS, BOUNDARIES, & DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
Responsibility and authority:
- Signatures of Purchase orders in line with Authority matrix TCAA.
Limitations in authority:
- No approval to discuss/talk to press agencies, etc. without prior written authorization from Group Director.
- To be decided on a case to case basis.
9. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree level qualified in a relevant engineering field.
- Ability to obtain a SECRET level security clearance, if required.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in project management.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience within a detailed and active Quality Management System.
- Defense industry experience.
- Experience in executing projects within the Life Cycle Management (LCM) process.
Job Type: Full-time
- engineering: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off