- B.S. / B.A. in Computer Science or Related Technical field
- Candidate must haves a basic understanding of core internet technologies - DNS, mail transport, TCP/IP and network file systems
- Must have a good understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and have demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology
- Experience with Linux Operating System, Thin Client Infrastructure devices, and remote access systems would be an advantage
- Project management skills and experience required
- Fluency in Slovak and English language proficiency
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Candidate should possess customer service skills in dealing with users at all levels in a team environment
- Ability to operate in high pressure situations and successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible would be an advantage
- Demonstrated experience delivering direct user support in a high availability environment
- Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact has been demonstrated
- Must possess technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills with the ability to interact with internal customers in a professional manner
- Analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
Senior IT Support Engineer in Sered, Slovakia
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
Our overall mission is simple:
We want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds.
This is your chance to make history.
We are looking to hire a Senior IT Support Engineer (m/f/d) to join the team and play a critical role in our Fulfillment Center (FC) in Sered, Slovakia
Candidate must be forward thinking with a high degree of customer service focus and very good communication skills. The IT Support Engineer serves as the liaison between the infrastructure and general operations of the facilities. Amazon IT Support Engineer are expected to have a high degree of technical aptitude over a large scope of IT software, hardware, and networking disciplines. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making Worldwide History.
The IT Support Engineer will be responsible for utilising his/her skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems within the center that cover a multitude of technical disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows/Mac/Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with Data Cabling / Computer Facilities maintenance
- Certifications in areas of core support responsibility - A+, MCSA, MSCE, Network+, CCNA
- Experience providing phone based technical support and troubleshooting to a wide range of technical and non-technical users
- Experience with remote access and Terminal Server / Citrix environments
Sounds interesting? We look forward to your application and portfolio. Please submit your online application in one document including your CV and covering letter (both written in English, max. 5MB) by clicking "online bewerben", stating your earliest start date and salary expectations separately in the applicant form.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.