Ajax Tocco is seeking a Control Systems/Automation Engineer to provide specialized technical expertise in the application and use of control, automation technology. Perform as a lead discipline engineer on single or multi-discipline projects. Generate control schematics, control panel layouts, Bill of Materials, and drawings utilizing Autocad Electrical. The ideal candidate has working knowledge of PLC & HMI programming as well as strong problem solving skills. Robotics experience a plus. Perform basic field commissioning and start-up of ATM process control systems. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team that provides integrated services to meet our clients’ needs both locally and across the globe.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create electrical schematics for the controls system including power wiring, control wiring and I/O wiring and interconnect diagrams
- Select and size components to be used in the control system in a cost effective manner
- Create assembly schematics for the controls system including panel layouts, enclosure layouts, and assembly templates.
- Create electrical customer manuals for each machine.
- Write PLC & HMI software
- Setup Servo motors & VFD
- Debugging of software at Pillar
- Travel to customer sites for service calls.
- Control system integration into networks
- Domestic and International travel required (5-10%)
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Understand processes and procedures. Be able to process engineering releases (POR’s and POC’s) in timely manner.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3 to 10 years of related technical experience preferred.
- Engineering degree preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of our organization.
- Attention to detail; ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-disciplined with a high sense of urgency to be a collaborative business partner.
- Ability to work with various teams as well as independently.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Competent in the use of PLC & HMI programming software
- CAD skills (2D AutoCAD)
- Professional attitude and the ability to represent our company with integrity
- Competitive compensation plan
- Health Benefits: medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability
- Paid Vacation
- Tuition Reimbursement for Qualified Continued Education
Job Type: Full-time
- Controls or Automation Engineering: 2-3 years (Required)
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to employ qualified persons without regard for race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation or disability. Individuals are considered for employment, promotion, or training solely on their ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Job Type: Full-time