PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://www.venn.agency/careers
We do not review applicants via Indeed.
Our mission-driven start-up is looking for a polyglot Senior Front End Web Developer who cares more about which tools are best for the product than about which ones they like to use most. If you’ve frequently got too many tabs open and they’re usually all tutorial videos, let’s talk ASAP.
- Not afraid of command-line.
- Very into taking things apart and then putting them back together again.
- Happiest when contributing open source code, making things to share and be reused.
- Always learning.
- Great at teaching, sharing and communicating with your team.
- Known for bringing a vibe.
- Able to BE the data flow as you gain experience.
- Highly accountable—you know when to speak up and ask for support, always try to make processes better and proactively communicate.
- Good at memes.
You would never:
- Disappear to do it your way and leave the team in the dark.
- Try to do it all on your own to impress people.
- Forget to read carefully or pay attention to what the team is saying.
- Forget to document everything.
We use the following tools:
- Storybook or Adobe Experience, Manager Experience
- Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD)
- Visual Studio Codel
- Angular and Ionic
- Bootstrap / Material Design
- Native Browser APIs
We want to use the following tools:
- Zeplin to create a pipeline from design to development.
- Storybook to manage web component libraries.
- Unity Web View to render 3D games in the browser.
- Tailwind CSS to further customize our components.
We want someone to help us solve these types of problems:
- Implementing designs that delight users and meet learning objectives.
- Building a game engine to enable rapid prototyping.
- Designing responsive games that work on all devices, in all network conditions.
The kinds of projects you’ll work on:
- Web-based games that teach people fire exit locations and other safety info
- Credentialing systems based on emerging self-sovereign identity standards
- Content management systems that build new safety games
- Design the look and feel of our software
The right person for the job:
- 10+ Years Front End Web Developer
- Senior / Manager Experience
- Is creative, inspired, and excited about modernizing safety training and building products that have a positive impact on the world
- Is able to collaborate with designers on shared component libraries and use those libraries to rapidly prototype new games
- Has experience using a utility-first approach to style web pages, or experience with Tailwind or Tachyons.
- Has experience converting digital designs into Storybook components.
- Is able to balance collaborating with a team and working on projects independently
Bonus skill sets:
- Technical Illustration
- UI/UX Design
Working with us be like:
- Mostly remote—The team gathers for work sprints periodically throughout the year, but this practice has been halted for the time being due to global pandemic.
- Supportive, collaborative, creative atmosphere.
- Zero tolerance for racism or hate towards any groups.
- Flexible hours, pay that values your experience and skills.
- Potential for ongoing employment if the fit is good.
How we work together:
Venn Agency Inc. builds location-based learning and safety systems designed to connect us to knowledge where and when we need it.
Venn has reinvented how we connect with the spaces we occupy and how we learn in them with brain-friendly technology.
Venn focused for many years on spatial computing, virtual world-building and sovereign networks which led them from virtual reality into the realm of digital identity before focusing on technology for learning, memory and safety.
Venn is making significant upgrades to basic safety at the level of code and protocol through Loci, a location-based training platform that engages the brain’s spatial awareness to improve learning outcomes and enhance recall in times of emergency.
Venn is committed to being a 100% anti-racist organization. This applies to our hiring practices and recruitment strategies as well as our day-to-day working environment, which has zero tolerance for discrimination and hate of any kind.
Job Type: Full-time