Survey Crew Chief
A growing NE Metro Atlanta Developer and General Contracting company has an open opportunity for a Survey Crew Chief. Projects include multi-family, mixed-use, commercial and residential subdivisions.
We are a full-service privately owned company developing land and executing projects from land acquisition through construction. Growth potential for the enthusiastic, motivated candidate.
· Plan and perform necessary construction staking and layout work
· Collect topographic field data to support engineering.
· Accomplish site observation reports and record daily logs.
· Perform property boundary location and verification.
· As-built construction conditions as needed
· Communicate with Project management, engineers and construction personnel as needed during land development projects to verify geological and property boundary data and contribute to building design as needed
Requirements and Responsibilities:
· A minimum of 5 years surveying experience with 1 year as survey crew chief
· Candidate will have understanding land development engineering & construction methods.
· Experienced with Robotic Stations, GPS RTK units, and level instruments
· Must have Construction Staking experience (limits, excavation, roads, utilities, buildings, etc.)
· Attendance and punctuality are expected
· A Valid driver's license and reliable transportation is needed
· Ability to travel at any time to job sites or the office each day
· Experience creating point files and reducing field data with AutoCAD based software (i.e., Civil 3d, Carlson)
· Proven ability to work independently, as a survey leader, and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
· Office work, mapping, & drafting experience is a plus but not necessary (boundaries, easements, research, legal descriptions, ALTA’s, working with aerial imagery, etc.)
· Physically able to work outside in various weather climate conditions
· Ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift up to 50 lbs., and carry survey equipment in remote locations.
· Salary based on experience.
We offer competitive compensation, free Vision and Dental Benefits, offer a Medical plan Benefit, and provide Personal Time Off, Vacation, paid Holidays, and a Travel Allowance.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance