Job Title: Wave Propagation Engineer Job Level: IC3
Status: Salary Exempt Department: Engineering / Digital Wave
Reports To: VP of Engineering Revision Date: October 2019
This position will support and improve current inspection technologies as well as drive the development of new inspection technologies of composite and metallic structures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support technical development and implementation of current ultrasonic inspection products and inspection
(Bulk UT, MAE, PA-MAE, and Guided Wave Inspection)
- Support technical development and implementation of new ultrasonic inspection products and inspection methods (Bulk UT, MAE, PA-MAE, and Guided Wave Inspection)
- Perform inspections at facility and on site as required
- The job has no supervisory responsibilities
Education, Certifications & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree required. PhD preferred in technical field; Engineering, Physics or GeoPhysics
- Plus, 5 – 7 years’ experience in oil and gas industry; including field experience
- Prior code writing utilizing, Matlab, LabView, C++, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical engineering background
- Knowledge of wave propagation (dispersive guided wave propagation a large plus).
- Materials knowledge to include: polymer matrix composites, steel and aluminum metallography
- Knowledge of fracture mechanics and damage mechanics.
- Ability to conduct (FEA) Finite Element Analysis.
- Ability to perform dispersion curve computation and analysis.
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) background.
- Non-destructive evaluation (NDE) experience.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and a desire to create solutions.
- Must have demonstrated and effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to professionally interact with internal and external customers; respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to write correspondence that conforms to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport and effective communication with diverse levels within company and external customer organizations.
- Prior experience working under tight deadlines with shifting priorities.
- Must have the ability to work in sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with ability to deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Must have above average MS Office skills
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time at a computer and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is moderately required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time. This position may work in the plant and outdoors in the field, therefore subject to all weather conditions sometimes to include extreme cold and heat. The work described while working in the plant or field will require wearing all PPE depending on circumstance which may include: safety glasses, hard hat, ear protection, leather gloves, safety vest and steel toed footwear.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Centennial, CO (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement