Performs duties to analyze, design, develop, test, implement, maintain, and support computer programs based on customer requests to ensure successful operation and conformance to requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
- Applies programming skills to solve the most complex business and computer problems.
- Designs, drafts, and documents specifications for other team members, business customers, and management detailing proposed technical and business solutions.
- Designs and/or draft program and system documentation to accurately reflect the system, and in cases, program flow.
- Develops program code for assigned projects, including debugging and testing before program(s) are installed in production.
- Communicates with end-users, team members, and management on status of project(s) on a regular basis. This is to include assuring both the project requester and the end-user are aware of project status, open issues, and planned resolutions to open issues.
- Ensures all projects are requested, tracked, and monitored correctly.
- Follows project plans, as they are developed, to completion and in a timely manner, consistent with departmental objectives.
- Can develop high-level project plans and coordinate project activities by directing and monitoring project tasks to insure successful implementation of department projects.
- Evaluates proposed and existing systems by systematic analysis of their efficiency of design to assure performance within company service level agreements.
- Develops and maintains project plans to ensure successful completion and installation of projects.
- Develops and conducts training for others on the programming staff and operations staff to educate them on developed systems and the needs to maintain the system on a regular basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate studies in computer science, B.S. preferred.
- At least three years related experience in computer programming and analysis.
- Requires oral and written communication skills for contact with all levels of technical and business customers.
- Ability to analyze needs and requirements, design, suggest and document solutions to meet customer requirements. Project leadership.
- Ability to work on more than one project at a time and complete them as planned.
- Must demonstrate ability to work well under pressure.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Requires knowledge of software programming languages and tools used by the company, as well as hardware and networking solutions used by the company.
- Must be able to define problems and draw valid conclusions.
- Must possess ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in written or diagram form.
- Reasoning; dealing with problems involving a few variables in standard situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle controls and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Works primarily indoors. Non-standard hours based on project and system support needs.
TRAVEL: < 10%
Job Type: Full-time