Job Title: Design Engineer
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Duration: 9+ Months Contract
- 1st shift - Monday-Friday Work hours: 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM are our core hours
- Security clearance not required. Common Access Card required. CAC process initiated and owned by Oshkosh.
- Perform high level, non-supervisory engineering analysis and design of new and modified components in accordance with engineering standards and project scope.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches, studies, and proposes use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
- Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
- Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability
- Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material
- Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements
- Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way.
- Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
- Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
- Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
- Provide direction to designers and drafters regarding engineering analysis
- Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- 6-plus months of related experience or internship experience
- Experience with a high-level cad system
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Intake call notes
- CATIA, CREO, AND wind-chill experience.
- 3d cad experience with machining and sheet metal. Tubing or tube steel structures would be nice too. Weldments
- Heavy truck or equipment background is desirable.
- above average GPA 3.0, or extensive experience.
- If they are just out of school experience on SAE teams such as mini Baja, clean snowmobile and others is desirable, looking for hands on experience / mechanical aptitude.
- Hobbies can also be a good indication of mechanical aptitude, working on cars, building houses or wood working
- Work experience in design and testing is preferred.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract