The Benefitfocus Mobile Group is searching for an Android Software Engineer to join our top-notch software technology team. We are looking for passionate engineers to work on the new face of the Benefitfocus platform. Do you take pride in building high performance, high availability and highly interactive mobile applications? Do you love bringing great designs and interactions to life? Does tackling device/browser quirks and finding remedies excite you? Currently, the Benefitfocus Mobile Team is leading an initiative to build a refreshed mobile experience for Benefitfocus platform. The project will integrate with technology strategies is similar to how Google, Facebook, Netflix, and LinkedIn approach their mobile development. This initiative and others help our team keep up-to-date with in-demand industry trends, skills, and techniques. If you choose to join our team, you will get to develop new product experiences, and possibly create new features the Mobile and Consumer industry has yet to see!
We are looking for a great Android developer who can work with JAVA (preferred), or C/C++.
Your primary focus will be on developing a mobile user interface with components and implementing them to market. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the solution. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product are essential.
- Responsible for working on different layers and versions of the Android app
- Help maintain our set of native mobile applications
- Partner closely with our design and product team to build gorgeous application flows seamlessly and works intuitively with end users
- Building applications in memory and network-constrained scenarios
- Own important pieces of the product that have high visibility both internally and externally
- Assist with new products and features that are inspired, considered, and magical
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations and design sessions
- Experience developing and supporting native Android mobile applications and Android SDK while understanding Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Experience in publishing an Android app on the Google Play Store.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience working with web services. Knowledge of or experience with micro-services or service-oriented architecture a plus.
- Experience with Git (distributed version control system)
- A solid understanding of the Android application lifecycle and the use of common design patterns (MVC, MVP or MVVM) will allow qualified candidates to have an immediate impact.
- Attention to Quality and Detail