Leads team that manages the quoting process and oversees the Lincoln Industries Supply Base. Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers while seeking new sourcing opportunities to ensure we are receiving competitive quotes in support of Lincoln Industries vision for growth. Participate in the Lincoln Industries initiative to expand the supply base globally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a best in class supply base through strong supplier relationships in all aspects of our business.
- Build strong partner relationships with suppliers to include: strong understanding of their culture, business, formal and informal leaders, and overall needs. This should be accomplished through frequent contact – on-site visits, as well as on-going dialogue.
- Chair and facilitate Lincoln Industries Suppliers Advisory Council (SAC) meetings.
- Establish, monitor, and engage in strategies and cost and performance metrics for suppliers.
- Maintain and continually improve supplier data base.
- Oversee quote packages for potential suppliers.
- Negotiates with suppliers to obtain quotations, prices and delivery times.
- Evaluates supplier quotes and services to determine if they are compatible with company objectives and meet customer specifications.
- Maintain supplier ratings for approval status to justify quoting.
- Trains team on proper purchasing skills and procedures.
- Identify potential new suppliers.
- Oversee in the Operational Excellence program with suppliers.
- Works with Lincoln Industries departments (Account Managers, Supplier Quality Integration, Planning, Technology, Sales, etc.) to address critical issues related to customer needs and supplier performance.
- Maintains records pertaining to items quoted and purchased, utilizing Navision, Sharepoint and Excel.
- price, ability of supplier to produce product or service, and delivery date.
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes supplier questions to determine factors affecting prices.
- Develop and maintain communications with all levels of Lincoln Industries staff and suppliers by communicating openly and honestly, treating all people with dignity, respect and courtesy.
- Assists in transfers of work between sources as required.
- Drives and coordinates cost initiatives throughout the supply base.
May initiate supplier self-assessments, conduct supplier audits, perform on-site assessments on audits.
- Could potentially come in contact with hazardous chemicals.
- Other tasks as assigned to fulfil
- Reports to: Vice President, Strategic Accounts
- Direct Reports: Sourcing Engineers, MRO Buyer
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and five years related experience and/or training.
Previous purchasing or engineering experience in a manufacturing environment to include raw material, fabrication and assembly detail component purchasing. Low cost country supply chain experience. Blue print reading and dimensional layout experience.
Individual Talent Themes will be identified during the Selection Process.
Strongly Preferred Talents:
Business thinking, Focus, Positivity, Exactness, Persuasion
Mission, Competition, Profit Orientation, Relationship
Recruiter, Caring, Leader, Delegator
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language. Bilingual preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations and engineering prints.
- Must communicate clearly with suppliers in written and verbal means.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work independently.
- Customer and supplier relation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Programs.
- Purchasing practices.
- Prefer knowledge of Windows Operating Systems.
Training requirements as defined in the Learning Management System based on the role