Sensor Electronic Technology, Inc. or “SETi” is headquartered in Columbia, SC. The primary focuses of the company are UV LED products. The Columbia facility houses research & development, production, sales and the administrative & support functions of the business. Our team is small but diverse, dynamic and very passionate about our business.
Position Type: Full-time, benefit eligible
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Production Manager
Technicians are responsible for carrying out the manufacturing process on epitaxial reactors under the direction and supervision of the Senior Engineers/Scientists.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Preparation & operation of computer-controlled epitaxial reactors
- Monitor epitaxial growth process and record data
- Characterizations of epitaxial wafers
- Maintain production records as directed by senior engineers
- Clean equipment and parts using acids, bases and organic solvents.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reliability is essential for success in this role
- Accurate data entry and attention to detail
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as well as part of a team
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
- Knowledge of vacuum technology, electronics, chemical lab and/or temperature control systems preferred
- Hands-on technical aptitude
- Associate’s degree in a technical field or relevant technical certification (preferred)
- High school diploma (required)
- 2-3 years of operating experience in a manufacturing environment may be considered in lieu of a technical degree or certification
- 1+ years of experience in data entry
- 1+ years of experience using Microsoft Excel
- Must be willing to complete a background and drug test
The primary functions of this position will be performed in a laboratory environment within a manufacturing facility.
This position has several physical requirements:
- The ability to stand from 6 to 8 hours per shift
- Frequent walking, bending, reaching, kneeling, grasping, pushing and pulling
- The ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- The ability to respond quickly to sounds
- The ability to wear personal protective gear for the majority of each shift
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Reliable attendance is critical to this role. This is a full-time position assigned to a 5-day shift schedule. Days may include Saturdays and Sundays. Eight hour shifts will be assigned between 5:00 am and 10:30 pm. Assigned shifts will not change frequently but are subject to change. Flexibility to work some overtime may be required. Currently, we are looking for candidates able to work either shift:
- 5:00 AM - 1:30 PM
- 1:30 PM - 10:00 PM
The initial 4-6 week training period for this position will be 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
No travel is expected for this position.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Sensor Electronic Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be provided equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location