Sani-Matic Job Description
Title: Project Engineer Dept: Engineering
Reports to: Engineering Manager Status: Exempt
The Project Engineer manages all aspects of a project, from inception to completion. The position requires frequent communication with both the customer and internal manufacturing team to ensure all customer needs are met, on time and on budget.
- Monitors projects to ensure product meets customer requirements & expectations while adhering to schedule, financial, manufacturability, and quality guidelines.
- Plan engineering activities and coordinate project team to meet timeline goals.
- Evaluate product design for value engineering opportunities and alternate methodologies.
- Provide technical direction to mechanical designers and manufacturing personnel.
- Works directly with vendors and outside suppliers.
- Acts as liaison among the Sales, Field Service, Procurement, and Manufacturing groups.
Knowledge / Skills / Expertise:
- BS in Engineering or related discipline.
- Two years’ Project Engineering or Project Management experience.
- SolidWorks or other 3-D modeling experience.
- Proficiency in computer operation and MS Office programs.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services and processes.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain project schedules by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; and resolving problems. Project management within food or pharmaceutical industries.
- Experience with machine design.
- Self-motivation and leadership qualities.
- Ability to work closely with customers and project team members.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Experience with quickly assessing risk and providing acceptable resolutions.
- Ability to work under pressure and strict timelines, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Occasional travel to customer plant locations is required – up to 20%
- Humidity level in the shop may be elevated during summer months.
- Exposure to certain contaminants in the shop, at times.
- Exposure to loud noise levels in the shop, at times.
- This position requires occasional use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling materials, as required to conduct testing.
- Climbing on ladders may be required at times in association with testing.
- The use of safety equipment such as safety glasses, steel toed shoes, gloves, helmets and hearing protection is utilized daily in the plant.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee must be able to use a keyboard, calculator and telephone.
- Required to stand or walk, sit, talk, hear, and use hands to finger, grasp, handle, or feel.
- Must be able to lift and maneuver 50-lbs without physical restrictions.
What Sani-Matic Offers:
A culture that embraces five Core Values:
- Do what is right.
- Put customers first.
- Commit to continuous improvement.
- Focus on safety.
- Deliver consistent quality.
- A highly competitive wage and the ability for internal growth opportunities.
- Health, vision, dental, LTD, STD, and Life Insurance.
- 401k with company match.
Note: This job description is reviewed periodically and may be subject to change (Rev 11/25/2019).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 /year
- Project Engineering: 2 years (Preferred)
- Sun Prairie, WI (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement