DaVinci Digital is a boutique IT pro services firm that creates custom service models to fit our clients’ business goals in the most cost-effective ways. We have an exceptional level of technical expertise, integrity, and honesty, and are invested in the success of our customers. Our team is a fun bunch who are connected by mutual regard and caring for both one another and our clients and are invested in managing our business for financial success and prosperity.
Serving as a tier 3-4 Sr. Windows Engineer, this position will be working on a wide range of issues and projects and tasks from escalated end-user workstations issues, complex Server-side e-mail and calendar issues through to designing and deploying single and multi-Servers (virtualized and other) environments. This position requires a well-rounded experience in network operability and an expertise in data backup. This person will mentor lower level engineers, collaborate with company leadership is the ongoing evolution of best practice standards and offer lateral support to fellow engineers. While the focus of this position is on the deeper side of the bench, this person must possess the willingness to jump on lower level tickets and always be a help and contribution to our clients. Nothing is beneath this person. This is a key position in a tightly-knit organization, which requires a special candidate with a well-rounded set of social, organizational, and technical skills. While this is a tier-3-4 technical position, we are looking for an individual that takes ownership of issues, accountability seriously and operates at a very high level of integrity.
Our ideal candidate will have solid experience in and truly enjoy:
- Calmly and methodically managing complex and evolving incoming end-user workstation, Server, and network issues
- Jumping in enthusiastically as the mentor on day-to-day technical issues while simultaneously completing all their own projects and related tasks
- Working seamlessly as a member of the technical staff and working with all of our clients
- Strong organization and outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) for both external and internal clients
- Assuring the quality experience of our clients. Maintaining the highest standard of attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
Our candidate must be proficient in:
- Windows enterprise
- Supporting multiple versions of Windows Server, Exchange, MS Office 365, MS Active Directory, and related backup schemas.
- Desktop support for Windows 7-10 Pro, modern versions of macOS (a plus but not required), iOS/Android. Network troubleshooting, and managing multiple site data backups
- Able and willing to do on-site IT work as needed specifically working with end Users and lower level client System Administrators; follow scope of work and budget
- Reliable, personal transportation to travel onsite with clients
- Proactively scope and propose efficiency improvements or process improvements - flexible with implementation details of their proposals
- Excellent documentation skills of tasks completed and project status summaries
- Loves ownership, accountability and responsibility for their job
Experience with IT, MSP, and ERP tools strongly preferred, including:
- ConnectWise Manage, ShadowProtect, ConnectWise Automate (formerly known as LabTech), Bomgar Remote Support Tool, Screen Connect Remote Support Tool Active Directory policy / user management, Network troubleshooting, SonicWall / SonicOS, VPN Solutions including SonicWall SSLVPN, Office 365, Server certificates / MX record management / DNS record management, Exchange (on-prem/hosted), PowerShell Scripting a plus but not required / Built-In Windows management tools, Windows Server deployments and complex email and data migrations, PC hardware break/fix and upgrade experience.
This is a full-time, salaried position with eligibility for company benefits, including medical, dental, FSA and 401k.
How to Apply
If this position sparks your interest and fits your professional background, please apply through the link. In your application, please include your resume and a cover letter with the following information described below.
Please provide professional personal examples of:
- Being responsible for resource allocation, lateral communication, informed escalation of issues, and demonstration of superior levelheadedness during fast-moving situations
- Exercising patience and enthusiasm for supporting many levels of technical issue for users with a wide range of experience levels while instilling confidence in our service to clients in potentially anxious situations
- Samples of technical documentation you’ve developed
Location: Portland, OR
- DaVinci Digital is an EEO employer
- Successful candidate will need to pass a post-offer background check
Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: Full-time
- IT Consulting: 3 years (Required)
- Have you worked for a consulting firm, in an employee capacity, not as an independent contractor?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift