Operate, maintain and perform repairs on assigned building mechanical equipment and controls, chilled water systems, heat exchangers, variable volume air systems (VAV), wastewater systems, clean water systems, laboratory equipment, DDC controls, doors, dock levelers, racking, HVAC, plumbing, trash compactor, conveyors, pallet jacks, lighting, alarms and facility maintenance equipment.
· Responds in a professional, respectful manner when dealing with team members and client customers.
· Completes reactive and preventive maintenance work orders and project related work.
· Maintains various equipment such as; pumps, cooling towers, boilers, water heaters, air handlers, CRAC units, laboratory equipment and laboratory support utility systems.
· Must be familiar with operations and troubleshooting of HVAC controls.
· Familiar with BAS (Building Automated Systems).
· Strong troubleshooting ability with various equipment and voltages.
· Performs other tasks as instructed including, but not limited to painting, furniture moving, plumbing, carpentry, and general building maintenance and assists other trades as necessary.
· Completes work orders by utilizing a computerized maintenance work order system.
· Maintains daily, weekly, and/or monthly reports as required.
· Works with and takes direction from the Facilities Supervisor/Manager.
· Learns, understands, and complies with all Company and customer policies.
· Participates in training directed at increasing job-related skills.
· Assists in training of other employees as directed.
· Works according to the schedule prepared by the supervisor/manager.
· Assists in emergencies as needed including emergency calls at non-scheduled hours.
· Assists and ensures that all work areas are returned to a clean, neat, orderly, and safe condition.
· High school diploma; Technical school graduate.
· 6+ years Facility Maintenance experience in a laboratory environment preferred.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills.
· Capable of working independently or in a team environment with minimal supervision.
· Possess required state and local licenses as per the local union CBA.
· Availability to be on call and/or work overtime as needed.
· Ability to work in a R&D laboratory environment.
· Repetitive lifting and moving 50 or more pounds or more.
· Working in various conditions, temperatures, and climates outdoors.
· Working weekends, holidays, evenings, and overnight.
· Use of ladder and Elevated Lifts and ability to work at elevated heights.
· Walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, and/or standing for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work 16 consecutive hours.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
ISS Facility Services is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer that promotes a diverse workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place