Southern New Jersey Steel is a structural and miscellaneous steel contractor providing services throughout the Eastern United States. We are looking for an experienced and independent Detailer to join our team. Candidate must be able to detail structural steel and miscellaneous metals projects showing section details, plans, and elevations for shop fabrication.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the company detailing standards, the AISC Manual of Steel Construction (current edition), and commercial construction as it relates to steel detailing.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of Architectural & Structural blueprint reading and appropriate current specifications and codes, as well as a general knowledge of mechanical drawings (heat & air) and shop & field capabilities.
- Works with the Production Manager and other shop supervisory personnel to facilitate schedules, alleviate production problems, and reduce overall production problems and costs in a manner that is consistent with sound engineering practices and that conforms to the requirements of the job specifications, the AISC specifications, and AISC Code of Standard Practice.
- Assists Project Managers, when required, in contacting the design engineer and/or architect to obtain required information and resolve all problems encountered during detailing or fabrication.
- Coordinates with and furnishes documents to material procurement for purchasing of all material required for the job.
- Reviews final designs and specifications to determine compatibility with scope of work as defined in production order and informs Sales Department immediately of any variation.
- Previous experience as a Detailer in the structural steel and miscellaneous metals industry.
- An ability to produce consistently accurate work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and strong computer skills with a variety of software packages, preferred: Bluebeam and Tekla.
Benefits: Southern New Jersey Steel offers a competitive wage and benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, and 401K) commensurate with experience and length of service.
Southern New Jersey Steel is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off