ESC is the leading provider of environmental air monitoring software for electric utilities in the US. We have been in business for over 50 years, have a stable business model, and have continued to stay profitable through several economic downturns.
We are actively looking for an experienced CI/CD Engineer to improve organizational challenges to shape and mature our Continuous Integration and Deployment processes.
What We Offer:
As a :CI/CD Software Engineer, You will:
- Full-time, permanent position
- Relocation package available
- Competitive Salary
- Full benefits package:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, company-paid Life Insurance, etc.
- Vacation & Sick leave
- Ten holidays per year
- Flexible work schedule
- Relaxed work environment
- Learning environment
- Free on-site fitness center
- Free off-site company events
- On-site Foosball and Xbox/Nintendo in game room
- Newly remodeled location near The Domain
What You'll Need::
- Design, deliver and improve source control, build, install and deployment process that provide continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Employ software design principles and systems programming to facilitate and automate build management process in both Windows Servers on-premise and Azure DevOps cloud environments.
- Integrate third-party tools, or develop internal tools and scripts, to support automation of continuous integration testing. Optimize processes to reduce manual workload and ensure end-to-end quality across functions.
- Assist QA engineers to write testing scripts and develop automated test cases. Debug enterprise application issues to resolve problems in our test and production environments.
- Coordinate with the development teams to produce rapid, low-risk releases, and improved velocity.
- Monitor health of build and deployment, work with IT, development and QA teams to troubleshoot, deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Collaborate with Scrum team, establish a working DevOps model that supports our agile development methodology and teams, "do the right thing".
- Research new technologies and tools with innovation, recommend those that best fit the team and organization.
- Develop, maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- 3+ years of tracking record as a software build engineer or software development engineer in test (VSTS, TFS, Visual Studio), picking the right existing tools or designing new tools, and elegantly integrating them.
- 3+ years of hand-on experience with some CI/CD configuration and automation tools, such as Jenkins, TFS, Azure DevOps, Octopus, Puppet, Ansible, TeamCity, Chef, SonarQube etc.
- 2+ years of experience in at least 1 high level programming language such as Python, C#, C/C++, Java
- 2+ years of strong experience with at least 1 scripting technologies such as PowerShell
- Excellent practical and theoretical knowledge of DevOps practice in Windows environments (preferred in a Microsoft tools stack).
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows.
- Experience and knowledge of working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Strong knowledge of Windows systems administration, IIS, database, and networking.
- Proficiency in MS SQL Server scripts; demonstrated knowledge of SQL/relational databases is a plus
- Experience with Azure cloud technologies including orchestrating and provisioning is a plus.
- A thorough understanding of security principals and concerns is a plus
- Experience managing a fleet of docker/containers in development or production is a plus
- A True Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from your colleagues, teaching others and ability to work well independently.
ESC is the leading provider of environmental air quality monitoring software in the US. Over 40% of electric utility power plants use ESC software to monitor their smokestack emissions for required reporting to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and state regulatory agencies. And we are continuing to grow by expanding to serve petroleum refineries and petrochemical plants. ESC currently has a team of over 70 software, product, and support engineers and other support personnel.
Our teams are made up of dedicated, smart and reliable employees. Our values are at the center of our business:
1. "We, not me"
2. "Game On"
3. "Do right by the Customer"
ESC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to age, race, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of a mental, physical or sensory disability.
Successful candidates will need to pass a background evaluation and a pre-employment drug screen before beginning work.
No employer visa sponsorship offered for this position.:
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position