Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
With a strong history of innovation for over 100 years, Teck is Canada’s largest diversified natural resource company. Being part of the RACE21™ team, you’ll be leading the charge of a company-wide renewal of technology and infrastructure – a high-tech transformation of mining into the next generation.
With the financial backing and commitment from our leadership, we envision a fully-integrated agile digital platform that will:
- Renew, Automate, and Connect material, processes, equipment flows, and data systems to expand and enable a broad application of advanced analytics, robotics, and artificial intelligence
- Empower our employees to unleash their creativity and innovation at work – increasing sustainability, safety, and performance in real time, unlocking resource base knowledge and improving planning for optimal resource extraction
We are world-class leaders in sustainability and safety – and we are building a better world for the next generation with lasting competitive advantages, from 2021 and beyond.
The Full-Stack Developer, RACE21™ is responsible for shaping and implementing strategic products to ensure Teck stays on the leading edge of technology. They will contribute across the technology stack, from database and DevOps infrastructure that supports continuous deployment, to web and native applications. Full-Stack Developers will have a passion for development and a demonstrated appetite for continual learning, which typically manifests in their community contributions, such as open source work, and publishing or speaking on technical ideas.
There are multiple positions for Full-Stack Developer.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Use agile practices and various software and web development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions that enhance Teck’s end-user experience
- Collaborate with other agile team members to craft clear user stories, design tests for prototypes and products, and continuously deliver product enhancements
- Communicate with IT teams about any Digital innovations that are tying into bedrock IT systems
- Communicate with business stakeholders about agile processes to set and manage expectations about delivery methods and timelines
- Ensure the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Seven to ten years of software development experience, with knowledge of Agile software development process
- Experience with web frameworks such as ReactJS, AngularJS,
- Infrastructure knowledge including RESTful API frameworks (Flask, Express.Js), Single Sign On, LDAP, Search Technologies
- Deep knowledge of version control systems (Git)
- Expert in pair programming, continuous integration, test-driven development and incremental design
- Tests RSpec, Junit, or Selenium frameworks daily
- Experience with relational and NoSQL data stores, time series databases is a plus
- Sound problem solving skills with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- Utilizes team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
- Passionate about technology and excited about the impact of emerging, disruptive technologies
- Wants to unleash inner self starter and work in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds
- Believes in culture of transparency and trust
- Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge skillset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Job Segment: Developer, Social Media, Database, Information Technology, Technology, Marketing, Mining
Job Type: Full-time