Navatek LLC is a world leader in the design, analysis, and construction of novel ships, underwater vehicles, and other ocean systems. Founded in 1979 and operating out of offices in Honolulu, Hawaii, South Kingstown, Rhode Island, Portland, Maine, and Arlington, Virginia, Navatek supports military and industry in developing systems that can survive the harsh ocean environment.
Job Summary/General Description: :
A B.S. in electrical engineering or related discipline, with work experience. Must be willing to work on a range of basic and applied research projects including: analysis and design of power and energy systems, digital-twin solutions for electrical networks, and control and autonomy for power and energy systems. Candidate should be able to thrive in a research environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities::
Education and Experience::
- Research and development: problem identification, requirements definition, new theory development, analysis, experimentation.
- Engineering of perception and control systems and systems of systems for new vehicles, modeling & simulation, and digital-twin applications.
- Investigate new science and technology.
- Assist in report writing, presentations, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in an electrical engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in an electrical or systems engineering position.
- Experience with US Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and/or Air Force a plus.
- U.S. Citizenship or Green Card required.
This position will be located in Portland, Maine. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee background check and post-offer drug screen.