To Apply please visit:
This position is responsible for the review and analysis of engineering principles and practices that apply to utilities regulated pursuant to the Public Utility Act and New Mexico Public Regulation Commission Rules.
The Incumbent will:
-Review engineering plans, specifications and cost estimates and prepare testimony in support of Staff's position.
-Review utility reports, management reports and filings and prepare analysis in support of Staff's position.
-Provide written and oral testimony on engineering issues and stand f or cross examination.
The Ideal Candidate would be:
-Experienced with the principles and practices of engineering as related to utilities
-Experienced with reviewing engineering reports, documents, drawings, cost estimates, plans and specifications to determine compliance with utility standards and regulations.
-Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico Driver's License.
-Background is required and conditional pending results.
-Must possess FE (Fundamentals of Engineering)
-Certification by the New Mexico Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Surveyors.
Work is performed in an office setting. Exposure to: Visual/Video Display Terminal (VDT), extensive personal computer and phone usage. Communication with the general public and public agencies on a frequent basis. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to meet multiple deadlines. Occasional statewide and out of state travel maybe required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.69 - $36.31 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place